Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    This kinda sums it up pretty good. I enjoyed the movie but I can't deny these guys are pretty accurate in their assessment of it lol

Panasonic 60" VT60 | Marantz NR-1606 | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Apple TV 4K

Quote Originally Posted by cpaluda View Post
    This kinda sums it up pretty good. I enjoyed the movie but I can't deny these guys are pretty accurate in their assessment of it lol
    Those guys are usually right on the money.

Oh I forgot to mention, but hopefully it was obvious, if you watch that video.................spoilers.
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Marantz NR-1606 | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Apple TV 4K

Quote Originally Posted by cpaluda View Post
    Oh I forgot to mention, but hopefully it was obvious, if you watch that video.................spoilers.
    Too late..........but that's OK, I'll buy it anyway.

I'm the type of consumer Disney loves. They hear that the movie is alright at best, but buys the Blu-ray anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    Too late..........but that's OK, I'll buy it anyway.

I'm the type of consumer Disney loves. They hear that the movie is alright at best, but buys the Blu-ray anyway.
    I spent extra and bought it on 4K so I could have Atmos even though I only have a plasma and the sound mix is supposed to be crap

I looked at it like "I already have all the other Star Wars movies on blu-ray or better, I'm buying it".

Wow...that was pretty damn good summary. Loved what they said about the cinematography "This really is the dark side." LOL
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by David Vaughn View Post
    Wow...that was pretty damn good summary. Loved what they said about the cinematography "This really is the dark side." LOL
    It sounds like it's just an issue with the disc mastering though? I talked to a co-worker who said he didn't remember it being dark in the theater but maybe he's not remembering right. I missed it in the theater unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) so I don't know how it looked.

The look is completely intentional according to the DP on the project. It's supposed to be dark and gritty, but it looks like crap.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Movies like 300 and the last Mad Max were film were examples of "stylized video" that I think were used correctly.

Apparently, Solo missed the mark.