Apple TV 4K Atmos question

Hoping one of you guys might know the answer here. Looking for more Atmos enabled sources now that I have Atmos capability. My X800 4K player can do Atmos on Amazon even though I'm outputting to 1080p. Apparently the player is not supported for Netflix Atmos but Netflix does support Apple TV 4K for Atmos. Was hoping someone can tell me if it will do Netflix Atmos while connected to a 1080p TV. I was thinking of picking one up anyway, and this would be more incentive.
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Apple TV 4K

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Got an answer a few days ago elsewhere. In case anyone else has the same question, supposedly yes it outputs Atmos on 1080p streams from netflix, apple purchases, etc. We picked one up on Sunday though I'm waiting on some more HDMI cables to show up on Wednesday before I connect it.
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Apple TV 4K

Good to hear you found the answer. I am hoping to make the move to Atmos myself in the near future and even though I don't have Netflix, we do use Amazon Prime Video.

Thanks for posting back about what you found.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    Good to hear you found the answer. I am hoping to make the move to Atmos myself in the near future and even though I don't have Netflix, we do use Amazon Prime Video.

Thanks for posting back about what you found.
    You're welcome. I don't know about Amazon on the Apple TV (I do believe it supports the app at least) having Atmos but I'm covered there with my Sony disc player. Netflix just only does Atmos on a super small subset of devices right now but apparently they have a ton of Atmos content at least in the shows they are creating and producing.

Quote Originally Posted by cpaluda View Post
    You're welcome. I don't know about Amazon on the Apple TV (I do believe it supports the app at least) having Atmos but I'm covered there with my Sony disc player. Netflix just only does Atmos on a super small subset of devices right now but apparently they have a ton of Atmos content at least in the shows they are creating and producing.
    I have Amazon Fire TV boxes and Sticks throughout my home, the boxes support 4K, but Amazon content still only streams Dolby Digital Plus. I get 4k content to view but nothing above the DDplus. The new 4k sticks and the Cube may be able to support Atmos, but I have not heard a word about it. It would be a big selling point if it did. just checked, the new 4k Sticks do support Atmos.
    Last edited by recoveryone128; 12-07-2018 at 04:31 PM. Reason: update
    Familyroom HT;
    AVR Pioneer Elite SC Lx502
    Blu ray Pioneer Elite 85FD
    Music Pioneer Elite N-50/Logictech Touch
    Display Vizio P series 55" E1
    Pamamax 5300EX

Streaming advanced audio codecs like Atmos makes for a larger file to stream. I remember is was years before Netflix streamed much more than stereo and a very basic version of Dolby Digital.

I'm sure Atmos will be more available via streaming. However, given that Atmos only comes with some 4K streams and not all streams are 4K, you may have a bit of a wait until technology catches up.

It's the whole living on the cutting edge of technology thing.