JBL Brought Back the L100 the L100 Classic

The JBL L100 loudspeaker debuted back in 1970 and according to JBL, it is still the company's best-selling speaker. Don't remember the L100? Well, I bet you remember this ad for Maxell cassette tapes and the L100s were the speakers doing the blowing.

Name:  maxell ad.JPG
Views: 219
Size:  59.9 KB

The L100 Classic is a "modern take" on the original L100. It's a three-way design that uses a newly designed JT025Ti1 1-inch Titanium dome tweeter mounted to a waveguide with an acoustic lens, the JM125PC 5-inch midrange driver, and of course the iconic white-coned 12" woofer. Add to this, the Classic still sports the classic waffle cone front baffle cover that comes in your choice of black, blue or orange.

Name:  L100-Classic Grills.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  22.2 KB

Back in the 70's, speakers were all about solid sound with a generous low end and the L100 was one of the best. Even today in the used market, the original L100 continues to command an impressive amount of money especially for a pair in good cosmetic condition.

What I like about the L100 Classic is not only does it have the look of the 1970's L100 but JBL took that speaker and applied current design technology to make it an even better speaker. Give the video a watch for more information,

The L100 Classic is selling now at a MSRP of $4000.

Owner-Publisher Jerry Del Colliano's Avatar

I never noticed that they were the speakers in the Maxell ad.

We just booked new ads for these speakers on HomeTheaterReview.com and our network.

I also asked for a pair for review for Andrew who once owned them years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Del Colliano View Post
    I never noticed that they were the speakers in the Maxell ad.

We just booked new ads for these speakers on HomeTheaterReview.com and our network.

I also asked for a pair for review for Andrew who once owned them years ago.
    That's awesome. I can't wait to read his thoughts especially since he owned a pair.