I Need More Speakers

Name:  Speakers.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  95.6 KB

I've been listening to various speakers that I own. I am going to make some changes in the lineup and wanted to do some critical listening before I make a firm decision.

Man, I love speakers. What's your AV weakness?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    All of it. Unfortunately, it all costs $'s that I no longer have. I sure would have liked to pick up an Oppo 205 when they were available. My 95 is starting to show it's age a bit.
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    LOL Tracy. You should see the front of my room right now. I have 6 main speakers and 3 subwoofers across the front (granted, one set of LCR's aren't hooked up, but it still looks bitchen').
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by David Vaughn View Post
    LOL Tracy. You should see the front of my room right now. I have 6 main speakers and 3 subwoofers across the front (granted, one set of LCR's aren't hooked up, but it still looks bitchen').
    Well, David, you have me beat.

Are you replacing your old faithful LCRs?

I still have some of the new MK Sound S150's that I reviewed a few months ago and I've been too lazy to put my old speakers back in. The new ones have improved mid-range with the upgraded tweeters.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    Name:  Speakers.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  95.6 KB

I've been listening to various speakers that I own. I am going to make some changes in the lineup and wanted to do some critical listening before I make a firm decision.

Man, I love speakers. What's your AV weakness?
    I've got the same disorder that you have. I've long thinned out the herd, but I'm using everything I have now - to include three pairs of Overture 1,s two pair of FPS1000's, a pair of Outriggers, and a pair of P-FRs. This doesn't include subs....... yep speakers are addictive.
    Infinity Composition Prelude P-FR L/R, Infinity Overture 1 center, Front hgts, and side surrounds, Infinity FPS-1000 Rear surround and rear hgt, Acoustic Elegance P1152 subs (x2) SVS 16-46 (x2), (x2) B&K Reference 200.7 power amp, Denon AVR X4300H, Yamaha MX-830, Behringer NU4-6000, 8 core HTPC W/Blu-ray W/Jriver nVidia 1060gtx 6gb,Hybrid tube DAC W/Burson Vivid, Silicondust HDHR3 Prime, TCL 4K 55 inch LCD, Vivitek HK2288 4K Projector

Quote Originally Posted by prerich View Post
    I've got the same disorder that you have. I've long thinned out the herd, but I'm using everything I have now - to include three pairs of Overture 1,s two pair of FPS1000's, a pair of Outriggers, and a pair of P-FRs. This doesn't include subs....... yep speakers are addictive.
    Infinity is a great speaker brand and on my bucket list to own. However, it's the IRS series that I am lusting after.

Maybe one day.