Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I had a great experience with Stuart’s Film screen. As I posted earlier, I was getting the new JVC 4k projector, the 3000. (Also known as the N9)
    First I wrote Stuart’s to find out what was available and asked for local dealers. They sent me a list, but, sadly, while the dealers were anxious to sell me the 110” 16:9 StudioTek 130, they did not have it on display and did not know much about it.

Robert Keeler, the Vice President of Sales, had his phone number on the email so I figured I would try it. He was incredibly nice and informative and we spent over a half an hour on the phone. He didn’t “push” the more expensive Studio Tek and, perhaps, was steering me to their less expensive Cima line. He carefully explained the difference between the products. Not just on the screen, but how they were framed and built.

At first he was not familiar with the JVC 3000 (He knew it as their N9) but then he discovered I was getting the same machine with 2,220 lumins and could do an 8K image. He shifted to the StudioTek. He explained why and how the StudioTek would be more suitable.

But the big surprise is that he told me NOT to get the Studio Tek 130, but get the 100. He explained that the image would be too bright with 2,200 lumins and your eyes would get tired using the 130.

I am so glad he took the time to explain all this to me. I do wish the dealers were more informed.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

The 100 is an awesome screen. Perfect color accuracy and doesn't hot spot at all. In a light controlled room, that's the screen I'd go with.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

A big thanks to Tracy and Dave for pointing me to Stuarts
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

I think you mean Stewart
    David Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by David Vaughn View Post
    I think you mean Stewart
    I think that Stuarts is that guy who drives the "white van" and sells "custom" screens made from white bed sheets stretched and mounted onto 2"x4" lumber. To his credit, he makes them in a variety of sizes.......twin, full, queen, king, and California King.

Getting to the white Stewart screens, my screen is gray. After switching projectors, I initially thought my whites wouldn't be white. However, now I wonder if the image might be too bright with one of the newest white screens. I suppose it depends on how you watch movies and I watch in complete darkness.

Either way, it's great that the sales guy took the time to assist you with your selection.

When using my iPad I just dictate into it, I’m not typing. it spells it the way It want to spell it
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    I think that Stuarts is that guy who drives the "white van" and sells "custom" screens made from white bed sheets stretched and mounted onto 2"x4" lumber. To his credit, he makes them in a variety of sizes.......twin, full, queen, king, and California King.

Getting to the white Stewart screens, my screen is gray. After switching projectors, I initially thought my whites wouldn't be white. However, now I wonder if the image might be too bright with one of the newest white screens. I suppose it depends on how you watch movies and I watch in complete darkness.

Either way, it's great that the sales guy took the time to assist you with your selection.
    Too funny!
    David Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
    When using my iPad I just dictate into it, I’m not typing. it spells it the way It want to spell it

Here I thought you meant Stuart from The Big Bang Theory!

David Vaughn