Skyscraper (UHD Blu-ray) review

Name:  skyscraper.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  30.0 KB

Plot
    While on an assignment in Hong Kong as an assessor for security in skyscrapers, former FBI Hostage Team leader, U.S. war veteran and amputee Will Sawyer, suddenly finds himself in the middle of hell as the world’s tallest and safest building is on fire and he’s being framed for it. Wanted and on the run, Will must find those responsible, clear his name and save his family who is trapped inside the building and above the fire line.

My Thoughts
    I can only imagine the pitch to the studio bosses that got this approved because after watching it, they had to do one hell of a sales job. I admire them for that, but as a film, this thing blows some serious chunks. Just read the recap above and you’ll see that every cliché is thrown into the mix and the resulting story is about as believable as unicorns and a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow. Wow this movie is bad.

On the positive side, it looks and sounds great, is well shot, and does have some decent—yet completely unrealistic—stunts. It does a decent job of ratcheting up the tension, but that’s often broken by LOL moments that weren’t meant to be funny but you can only laugh instead of groaning at some of the implausible aspects depicted.

Video 9.5/10 (MVC)

Audio 9.5/10 (Dolby Atmos)

Special Features:

• Deleted Scenes
    • Extended Scenes
    • Dwayne Johnson: Embodying a Hero
    • Inspiration
    • Opposing Forces
    • Friends No More
    • Kids in Action
    • Pineapple Pitch
    • Feature Commentary with Director Rawson Marshall Thurber
    • Blu-ray +UV Digital Copy

Conclusion
    After a wildly entertaining and hilarious Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, action star Dwayne Johnson has appeared in two horrible movies in a row—this and Rampage. I generally enjoy his films for their entertainment value, but these last two have been pretty bad and I hope he’s choosier of his roles in the future. If you’re in for a good laugh along with some excellent audio and video, check this one out, but keep your expectations VERY low!
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Greetings,

Yeah, this one is pretty silly but, I didn't mind it. You're just getting grumpier in your old age.
    Regards,

Ralph C.Potts
    AVSForum Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Should I tell Lori you said that about her too? All I can say is "good luck" the next time we see you
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by David Vaughn View Post
    Should I tell Lori you said that about her too? All I can say is "good luck" the next time we see you
    Greetings,

Now THAT wouldn't be very nice. I'll smooth things over with Lori...
    Regards,

Ralph C.Potts
    AVSForum Blu-ray Disc Reviews