Name:  hotel.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  37.2 KB

Plot
Dracula’s daughter, Mavis, surprises the overworked hotel owner with a family voyage on a luxury, haunted monster cruise ship. Of course, the rest of the Drac Pack has to tag along, and that’s when thing get a little…batty. The monsters are having a great time, indulging in all of the shipboard fun the cruise has to offer, from monster volleyball to colossus-sized buffets and exotic excursions, but then the unexpected happens when Drac falls for the ship’s mysterious—and dangerous—human captain Erica.

My Thoughts
Maybe I’m getting too old for these “family” films, but this 97-minute film felt more like three hours and I couldn’t wait for it to end. Sure, it’s pretty as hell and the animation is outstanding, but a lot of the jokes felt forced and the ending was pretty much a given once the plot was set in motion.

That being said, I can see why the film grossed over $425 million worldwide because the younglings will appreciate the film a lot more than mom and dad would. The most enjoyable part of the film for me was the puppy, who brings a lot of laughs to the table.

Video 5/5 (AVC)

Audio 4.5/5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1)

Special Features:

• Three Scary-Oke Sing Alongs
  • Plan Your Own Spook-tacular Sleepover
  • Vampire Make Over: Mavis and Drac Tutorial
  • Behind the Screams – The Voices of Hotel Transylvania 3
  • Johnny’s Home Movies (Franchise Recap)
  • “I See Love” Monster Dance Party Dance Along
  • Drac’s Zing-tastic Read Along
  • Two Mini Movies
  • DVD +UV Digital Copy

Conclusion
If you have kids—or grand kids—this wouldn’t be a bad movie to add to your collection to keep them busy for a couple hours. There are some aspects to the film that I liked, but overall it wasn’t as fresh of entry into the animated comedy realm as the first film in the franchise. As a plus it looks and sounds great on Blu-ray. Recommended for families who liked the previous two films.