Name:  sicario.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  30.5 KB

Plot
In the drug war, there are no rules – and as the cartels have begun trafficking terrorists across the US border, federal agent Matt Graver (Josh Brolin) calls on the mysterious Alejandro (Benicio Del Toro), whose family was murdered by a cartel kingpin, to escalate the war in nefarious ways. Alejandro kidnaps the kingpin’s daughter to inflame the conflict – but when the girl is seen as collateral damage, her fate will come between the two men as they question everything they are fighting for.

My Thoughts
Unlike my first viewing of Sicario, I really enjoyed watching this film from beginning to end. It helps that I now have a familiar relationship with the two stars, but the story itself is very engaging and it grabs you from the very first scene and doesn’t let go until the end.

My only gripe would be the last act, which goes in a direction that I’m not sure I like, but I can see why they went there. It’s to set up a third film, which is sure to be good as there’s sure to be a dish of revenge served up towards the short-sighted decision making of the US politicians.

Video 9.5/10 (MVC)

Audio 9.5/10 (Dolby Atmos)

Special Features:

• From Film to Franchise: Continuing the Story
  • An Act of War: Making Sicario: Day of the Soldado
  • The Assassin and the Soldier: The Cast & Characters
  • Blu-ray +UV Digital Copy

Conclusion
If you liked the first film, you’re sure to enjoy this one as well. It’s dark and somewhat depressing, but the performances by Brolin and Del Toro are outstanding and the A/V presentation is just as impressive. Highly recommended.