Name:  Eighth.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  21.8 KB

Plot
Thirteen-year-old Kayla endures the tidal wave of contemporary suburban adolescence as she makes her way through the last week of middle school ó the end of her thus far disastrous eighth grade year ó before she begins high school.

My Thoughts
The hype on this movie was extremely positive and I went into it with very high expectations. Unfortunately, they didnít come close to being met. I found it to be quite boring despite the strong performance from Elsie Fisher in the lead role. Maybe itís because I couldnít relate to the main character since Iíve never been and eighth grade girl, but even my wife found the movie a complete bore.

I didnít connect with the main character and found the direction to be wanting at times. In fact, the story isnít really coherent and feels like a bunch of skits thrown together that jump all over the place, but maybe that was the point.

Video 4/5 (AVC)

Audio 4/5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1)

Special Features:

• Deleted Scenes
  • Audio Commentary with Director Bo Burnham and Actress Elsie Fisher
  • Youíre Not alone: Life in Eighty Grade
  • Music Video
  • UV Digital Copy

Conclusion
I expected to like this film given its stellar reviews, but it just didnít do it for me or my wife. Maybe it was our mood at the time or that weíre past the age of having to deal with teenage angst and have zero tolerance for it anymore. If the story sounds interesting to you, be sure to at least give it a rental because you may enjoy it more than we did.