Step Brothers (UHD Blu-ray) review

Name:  step.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  30.6 KB

Plot
    Brennan Huff, is a sporadically employed thirty-nine-year-old who lives with his mother, Nancy. Dale Doback, is a terminally unemployed forty-year-old who lives with his father, Robert. When Robert and Nancy marry and move in together, Brennan and Dale are forced to live with each other as stepbrothers. As their narcissism and downright aggressive laziness threaten to tear the family apart, these two middle-aged, immature, overgrown boys will orchestrate an insane, elaborate plan to bring their parents back together. To pull it off, they must form an unlikely bond that maybe, just maybe, will finally get them out of the house.

My Thoughts
    This is a movie that I’ve caught snippets of on cable TV over the years but had never sat down to watch it from start to finish. Well, the day finally came, and I can’t say that it was a great experience. Did I laugh? Yes, but not enough to warrant the 97-minute time investment. This isn’t the type of comedy I typically enjoy since it has no basis in reality. The two brothers are 12-year-old boys trapped inside 40-year-old men and unless you can completely suspend belief, it’s hard to enjoy. I ended up liking it more than my wife did, although like is much too strong of word. Tolerated would be a better description.

Video 9/10 (MVC)

Audio 8.5/10 (Dolby Atmos)

Special Features:

• Deleted Scenes
    • Job Interviews
    • Gag Reel
    • Extended & Alternate Scenes
    • Line-O-Rama
    • Prestige Worldwide Full Presentation
    • Boats ‘N Hoes – Full Music Video
    • Therapy Sessions
    • Dale Vs Brennan – Sibling Rivalry
    • The Making of Step Brothers
    • Commentary
    • The Music of Step Brothers
    • Theatrical Trailer
    • Blu-ray +UV Digital Copy

Conclusion
    It’s a head-scratcher as to why Sony saw fit to release this film in 4K, but it is its 10th Anniversary so why not give it the best treatment available? Regardless, it does have a cult following and maybe the fans will pick it up in 4K. Consider me a “one and done” with this one as I don’t see myself watching it a second time at any point in the future, although I have to admit there were some LOL scenes such as their job interviews and making bunk-beds. Recommended for fans.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Thanks again, DV
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc