Amplifier upgrade recommendations

Hi guys,

Haven't posted in a while. I've decided to get the upgraded Tekton Design Double Impact Font L/R along with the Wide Center. I will be relegating my Tekton Pendragons to Rear Surround duty. I would like to know what amplifier you guys recommend for a budget of around $4k to $5k? I was thinking of getting a ATI Signature Series AT6003 or Parasound A31 to power the Front L/R and Center.
    Main HT: Panasonic 60" VT60, Tekton Pendragon w/ Mundorf capacitors & resistors & Subwoofer, Klipsch Center & Surrounds, Yamaha RX-A2030, Logitech Harmony 900
    HTPC: Phenom II x3 740BE unlocked quad-core @3.4Ghz, 8GB RAM, 2x 1TB Samsung F3, 1x 3TB WD Caviar Red, GTX 650 Ti Boost, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Burr Brown OP Amps, LG Blu Ray Burner, Kodi, Plex, Yatse, Bubble UPNP, Handbrake, Ashampoo Burning Studio
    Alternate HT: Samsung 51" F8500, Roku 1, Emotiva Mini-X, Old Bose Bookshelfs

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper52 View Post
    Hi guys,

Haven't posted in a while. I've decided to get the upgraded Tekton Design Double Impact Font L/R along with the Wide Center. I will be relegating my Tekton Pendragons to Rear Surround duty. I would like to know what amplifier you guys recommend for a budget of around $4k to $5k? I was thinking of getting a ATI Signature Series AT6003 or Parasound A31 to power the Front L/R and Center.
    I am VERY interested in hearing your thoughts on those Double Impacts, especially how they differ from the Pendragons.

I am looking at new mains for my theater and the DI's are on my short list.

I think you would be hard pressed not to be impressed with either the ATI or Parasound.

I haven't heard either but here are some observations. First off, Eric lists the Double Impacts as 98.82dB 2.83V@1m sensitivity. That's pretty efficient and you could easily make your ears bleed with an amp 1/4 the power of either the ATI or Parasound, but I too like lots of headroom.

The Parasound had one toroidal transformer where the ATI has two. Especially since Eric's designs are so efficient, there's no way you are going to run out of available current using either amp. However, this does mean that you'll need two different power circuits with the ATI. I'm not sure about the effects of running both on the same circuit but I doubt it is recommended. Ask ATI first.

The ATI looks to be rated for slightly more wattage, 300w vs 250w, but 50 watts isn't going to make any difference at this level.

Maybe David will jump in. I know he has owned Parasound Halos previously.