Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by hifigramps View Post
    Best honest review of the current TV scene. I am currently watching a calibrated 65" P-Series Vizio. It comes very close to the OLED's, after calibration. For $3k less when I purchased, it was a "No Brainer".
    From what I have read, they are surprisingly good right out of the box.

As someone in advertising, when I see a marketing term like "Quantum Dot" I run away.
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Eberhart View Post
    As someone in advertising, when I see a marketing term like "Quantum Dot" I run away.
    Well, they had to call it something. It sounds much better than "our version of the other guys technology, with a super cool, futuristic name". That just doesn't roll off the tongue quite as nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    Well, they had to call it something. It sounds much better than "our version of the other guys technology, with a super cool, futuristic name". That just doesn't roll off the tongue quite as nicely.
    True. Maybe I'm just jaded from all my years of working for companies that use marketing terms like that, yet *nobody* there even knows what the tech itself does.
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.

Owner-Publisher Jerry Del Colliano's Avatar

I buddy of mine just bought an OLED 65 inch LG from a home theater dealer in Atlanta called Callaway Security and Sound.

He seems really happy with it.

My friend, Ben Shyman, who writes for us out of Manhattan is on his second set. 65" OLED.

When we sell our house, I am likely to look into a 77 inch myself.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Eberhart View Post
    True. Maybe I'm just jaded from all my years of working for companies that use marketing terms like that, yet *nobody* there even knows what the tech itself does.
    dont worry about what they call it. see how it performs. Andrew has always been very straightforward and no bs. also rtings.com has rated the P and P Quantum very highly at a fraction of the cost of the OLED's.

i am glad Andrew is back doing reviews that matter to the 99%. also glad to see Jerry back and name dropping like a champ.

Quote Originally Posted by NoUDont View Post
    i am glad Andrew is back doing reviews that matter to the 99%.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by NoUDont View Post
    also glad to see Jerry back and name dropping like a champ.