Owner-Publisher Jerry Del Colliano's Avatar

These Malibu Fires Are Getting A Little To Close For Comfort

Guys,

Things are crazy here in Los Angeles with fires. The one that burned into Malibu has the next neighborhood STILL evacuated. Literally, Topanga Canyon is only a few miles from where we live and I work. The LAFD had everyone pack up and be prepared to leave. Topanga is still evacuated even though the fire is going the other way.

Here is a photo of the fires that I took from the cliff near my house on Friday. It got a lot worse than what you see.

Name:  Malibu-Fire-11-2018.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  44.0 KB

What's amazing is: we are selling our house and the number of showings has gone up a TON in the past 6 or 7 days. I think a lot of people will be looking for a high-end or beach front lease in Malibu. Check out this ChrisCortazzo.com site for some of the most amazing listings you've ever seen.I think we would do better if we rented our house out now but I still want to sell. We've got two showings (including a second showing) later today.

Can you believe that people spend $150,000 per month or more on a lease in Malibu? In the summer they do (and much more).

I am hoping somebody on the east coast can do a rain dance for us.

The weather is crazy on both coasts right now. You guys are dealing with yet another out of control fire and we are getting washed away. I don't want your fires but I wish we could send you a bit of this rain that we have been getting over the past few days.

Hopefully it won't move closer to your home. Stay safe and keep the irreplaceable items ready, just in case.

This is Sacramento today a week after the Camp fire started 120 miles north of us. Sucks living in a valley sometimes. This is all smoke not fog or clouds mixed in.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Apple TV 4K

All that smoke and nowhere to go in a valley. With my wife's asthma, we would have to leave.

I hope it clears up soon.

Me too, we just hit 313 on the AQI which is over the 300 mark that labels it as unhealthy for everyone not just sensitive people.
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Apple TV 4K

Stay safe and if needed, go to safer area's away from the smoke and fire.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

Just stumbled on this thread because I've been travelling so much. Cpaluda and I only live about 40 miles from each other and our air quality sucks here too. Of course, in my travel I was down in LA where the air quality was only slightly better.

Jerry, best of luck selling the house. Keep us posted and stay safe.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by David Vaughn View Post
    Just stumbled on this thread because I've been travelling so much. Cpaluda and I only live about 40 miles from each other and our air quality sucks here too. Of course, in my travel I was down in LA where the air quality was only slightly better.

Jerry, best of luck selling the house. Keep us posted and stay safe.
    I'm 300 miles away (Bay area) and it's been smokey air and burnt sienna ski here for over a week. Was the same last year.
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.

Brandon,

What part of the Bay Area are you in?
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine