New Rush Hemispheres DR

I thought this might be of interest to Tracy. This is the 16 bit downloadable version, not the hi-res:

Both "discs" are DR12.
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

Quote Originally Posted by moomoomoomoo View Post
    I thought this might be of interest to Tracy. This is the 16 bit downloadable version, not the hi-res:

Both "discs" are DR12.
    So, the 48/16 version has a higher dynamic range than the 96/24? That's all kind of messed up.

However, the database lists the 2015 96/24 as DR 13 which is the same as my 1987 CD version.

This is the new Anniversary version with a live "disc"; I haven't seen DR #'s for the 96/24 equivalent. Hopefully be out tonight.

As far as the original version, the AF SACD is DR 13.
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

It looks like we're either not going to get a dl of the Rush 40th, or it's going to be a delayed release like the White Album, Pepper's & Lennon. The blu-ray/vinyl version costs a bloody fortune.

Bad news, the new concert is cd only unless they eventually do a hi-res dl. The blu is both 2.0 & 5.1 (96/24) of the original album only with 3 promo video clips & 1 live viddeo from cd #2 (audio 48/24).

The 2.0 blu is a DR 13; similar to the AF SACD & 2nd (non box set) HDT edition. The 48/24 audio is DR11. As the vinyl is said to be poorly manufactured, this seems like a waste of $'s, unless a cd concert & 5.1 is worth $130 to someone.