Crazy Rich Asians (Blu-ray) review

Name:  crazy.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  29.0 KB

Plot
    The story follows New Yorker Rachel Chu (Constance Wu) as she accompanies her longtime boyfriend, Nick Young (Henry Golding), to his best friendís wedding in Singapore. Excited about visiting Asia for the first time but nervous about meeting Nickís family, Rachel is unprepared to learn that Nick has neglected to mention a few key details about his life. Not only is he the scion of one of the countryís wealthiest families, but also one of its most sought-after bachelors. Being on Nickís arm puts a target on Rachelís back, with jealous socialites and worse, Nickís own disapproving mother (Michelle Yeoh) taking aim.

My Thoughts
    The buzz on this film was quite loud while it was in theaters and I eagerly awaited its release on Blu-ray in order to see if it was worth all the hype. Well, not so much. Yes, itís a charming movie that has more good going for it than bad, but Iím not sure itís the greatest thing since sliced bread. One thing to note is that every major character in the movie is Asian, which shows you donít have to have a lily-white cast in order to have a box office sensation in America anymore.

The two main characters are extremely likable, but some of the secondary characters are downright annoying and wear out their welcome pretty fast. These include the bride to be, a couple of the bachelors, and Rachelís best friendís dad. They were all overacting their parts and I have never come across anyone in my life who acted like any one of them, but maybe I lead a sheltered life.

Video 4.5/5 (AVC)

Audio 4/5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1)

Special Features:

• Commentary by Director Jon M. Chu and Novelist Kevin Kwan
    • Crazy Rich Fun
    • Gag Reel
    • Deleted Scenes
    • Blu-ray + DVD + UV Digital Copy

Conclusion
    My wife enjoyed this more than I did, but I didnít have a bad time with itóI just expected more than I received. The backdrop of Singapore is beautiful in 1080p and there are a few laughs to be had. Be sure to check it out.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Greetings,

EXACTLY Dave. Fun and enjoyable but, over hyped.
    Regards,

Ralph C.Potts
    AVSForum Blu-ray Disc Reviews