Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Onkyo does have a wide range of pricing and the option to buy MQA-encoded titles. I don't have any MQA enabled gear but I am certainly intrigued by the technology.

I may have mentioned this before: my understanding is that MQA is lossy 24 bit. I compared 3 titles in cd, Decoded MQA, & true 24 bit a few weeks ago. I could definitely hear a difference. My ranking was:

1. True 24 bit
    2. MQA
    3. CD

In a 24 bit streaming vs 16 bit cd listening test, I preferred the cd.

I found it interesting that many of Onkyo's MQA's were more expensive than anyone else's regular 24 bit releases.
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

PSM titles that don't appear to be on HDT:

Cannonball Adderly - 1966/67 Seattle Broadcasts from an "off label" 96/24
    Focus - 11 44/24 (New Release)
    Keren Ann - A French language 1 song single 44/24 (I hope this is a for-bringer of a new album)
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

As of Noon Friday, the ONLY new title A.S. has added is the Weezer. Is my hobby ending?

Quote Originally Posted by moomoomoomoo View Post
    As of Noon Friday, the ONLY new title A.S. has added is the Weezer. Is my hobby ending?
    It's like my weekly Blu-ray release threads. Every week can't be a winner.

They did add more, though nothing exclusive.

It really does seem to me that the major labels are slowly dropping support for 96/24 & higher downloads. And there are so many important catalog titles that still haven't been released beyond 16 bit digital.

We may not know until spring. I was pretty shocked by the Qobuz upcoming release list I mentioned in that thread.
    Last edited by moomoomoomoo; 01-25-2019 at 06:53 PM.

I finally figured out how to sort the Qobuz upcoming release beta into 24 bit only. There appear to be no major artists on their list this week (and next week also for that matter). There may still be bugs in the system though; the Bowie's scheduled for 2/22 were missing; but I was able to find them through search.

I know someone is releasing the new Ronstadt live in 96/24 & a there is 24 bit reissue of Phil Collins live, but I don't know which stores are carrying these yet. Probably all the USA majors.

PSM is almost totally classical this week. No major artists (at least that I recognized) in rock or jazz.

A.S. hasn't put up there new stuff yet (Fri 1 PM PST), assuming there will be any. Almost nothing on 7 digital & Onkyo. The 2 live Phil Collins may be European only at least for now.

There will come a point where the only releases will be newer title, most of which I bet won't interest me.

Any opinion on who has the best-sounding Beatles titles regardless of format? I want Revolver, Rubber Soul, and Let it Be.