Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by moomoomoomoo View Post
    Looking Glass??!! (If you remember the hit "Brandy" like myself, you are getting old! I can't imagine wanting this in 192/24!
    I hear she's a fine girl and would make a good wife.

The only things that I find on any music site right now is on Acoustic Sounds.

They have the Stevie Ray Vaughan Box, the new Hendrix UHQR stereo release ( the monos are sold out already), and there are a few unopened Beatles Stereo Boxed sets, all on vinyl.

PSM was the first to upload tonight. I don't have a clue how many of these will be exclusive, other than the few on HDT's email. They also seem to be the first North American co to be adding MQA, which my ears (& articles) have told me is basically a scam.

"Highlights" (this doesn't necessarily reflect my tastes, I try to mention everything that I am aware tends to be popular with Gen X's & boomers):

New Dido (I BELIEVE some other stores had this last week)

The new Tal Wilkenfield (I preferred her as Jeff Beck's phenomenal bass player, but she's making a decent career for herself as an acoustic guitarist singer songwriter. this is her 2nd that I am aware of in that genre)

The new Keren Ann (unfortunately (imo) this is one of her French language albums. I don't care about the language, but she gets very poppy when she does French. In English, she's been one of my fav adult singer songwriters)

2 of the current batch of McCartneys

2 more in the Steve Miller series (Bingo which I've never heard of & Wide River)

Steve Perry - both the standard 10 track & 15 track DR (Target version) of Traces (meh; I've heard the cd)

The Yes catalog (HDT has had these forever)

A ton of classical & indie (the most I've ever seen PSM add in a week, & lots of MQA indie & soundtracks.
    Last edited by moomoomoomoo; 03-14-2019 at 09:49 PM.
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

The most exciting news for me is that Sheet Happens Publishing is taking preorders for the third pressing of Plini's - Handmade Cities album.
    https://www.sheethappenspublishing.c...camellia-swirl

Plini is a 27-year-old Australian guitarist who is a bit like Pat Metheny and Steve Via had a love child, very progressive yet he has major jazz influences. I hadn't heard of him until just recently.

I think I'm going to give up on Qobuz. It's too much trouble finding their new releases.
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

Nothing important & exclusive at A.S.; Very little at all at Onkyo, & they seem to be changing their focus to MQA.

Another slow week all around. I'm starting to think this is the "new" norm, & hi-res music is on the way out other than in lossy streaming & lossy MQA.

There were 3 true 24 bit Taj Mahal releases somewhere in Europe.

Possibly for the first time ever a new Jerry Garcia box appears to only be released in 16 bit (flac & cd).