Wireless Rear/Surround Question

I have had to move my 5.1 setup (Onkyo TX-706SR + Paradigm monitor 9v6 fronts, Paradigm CC-190 center, and Paradigm mini-monitor v6 surround/rear) to a location where wiring the rear speakers will be problematic.

My preference is to get a new receiver with updated HDMI ports and ARC channel, that will support a mixed wired (3.1) front setup but could connect wirelessly to the rear. Ideally, there's a module or modules which could drive the Paradigm speakers but if this entails new rear speakers as well as a new receiver, I'm fine with that.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    I had the same problem after my move. I went 'old school' and had a carpet man come over and lift the edges while I ran wires along the baseboards. A little expensive I know, (one time only) but after reading about wireless, also expensive, plus interference problems, I'm now a happy camper with my 6.1 system again. Hope you find a happy solution too. Do let us know.
    JR

Hi Jim, welcome to the forum. I have a TX-SR707 myself in the family room. It's old but still works great.

I don't know of any AVR that has wireless speaker capability built in. However, there are a number of wireless audio adapters out there. I know that SVS has them for use with their subs but they list it as transmitting full-range audio. I have no experience with them as everything I have is wired.

The way they are made, you would have to have two (one for the left and one for the right surround channels) and then you would also have to have an amp to power your speakers. There are powered speakers out there that might also work and negate the need for an amp.

Either way, running speaker cable to your rear speakers, even if you had to pay an electrician or home AV installer might be cheaper than buying all the gear you would need to do it wirelessly.

Maybe someone else will have another solution.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrich View Post
    I had the same problem after my move. I went 'old school' and had a carpet man come over and lift the edges while I ran wires along the baseboards. A little expensive I know, (one time only) but after reading about wireless, also expensive, plus interference problems, I'm now a happy camper with my 6.1 system again. Hope you find a happy solution too. Do let us know.
    JR
    He brings up a good point about interference problems. It used to be a major issue with wireless audio adapters but I haven't really kept up with it.

Wire is cheap if you can find a way to run it.