Thread: Familyroom HT

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Familyroom HT

Name:  familyroom ht.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  89.9 KB

TV Vizio P series 55" E1
    AVR Pioneer Elite SC LX502
    Music Pioneer Elite N50/Logictech Touch
    Bluray Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD
    Power Panamax 5300EX
    Speakers;
    Fronts Optimus LS3's
    Center PolkAudio CS1 ii
    Sides Optimus LS3's
    Rears Optimus X77's
    Subs SVS PB-4000
    Familyroom HT;
    AVR Pioneer Elite SC Lx502
    Blu ray Pioneer Elite 85FD
    Music Pioneer Elite N-50/Logictech Touch
    Display Vizio P series 55" E1
    Pamamax 5300EX

Thanks for sharing. It is a Nice setup. How is the Vizio P series?
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

Nice setup.

Now I see what you are talking about with your sub response. Being right next to the window, there's going to be A LOT of shakin' going on particularly with that window. Moving it away from that corner would help even out your in-room response but I understand that ideal placement can't always be achieved. However, if it's possible, putting your media rack by the window and sliding everything to the right would most likely make a difference.

I have heard good things about those P Series Vizios.

The Vizo has been everything it advertises about it. Supports both HDR10 and Dolby Vison, Vudu is the only thing I have that uses both formats. Supports Atmos bypass from Streamed content to a AVR or Pre Processor. The combination of the Pioneer LX502 and my Pioneer BDP 85FD supports the display nicely. I use the term display, as this unit has no TV tuner built in. When I went out to compare units, I didn't see much if any difference between the QLED (Samsung) over the Vizio P series. Reading the manual info Vizio says it uses QLED technology in this series, but did not revel that info unitl the late 2018 models (mine is an early 2018 model).

On the Sub placement, room to place it is more of the issue than anything else. I didn't want the rack closer to direct sunlight causing additional heat for the units in the rack. The plan is to get rid of the rack all together and move the gear under the TV. I have had that rack since 2000 when I had my old Mitsubishi big box Wide screen TV (love that TV).
    Familyroom HT;
    AVR Pioneer Elite SC Lx502
    Blu ray Pioneer Elite 85FD
    Music Pioneer Elite N-50/Logictech Touch
    Display Vizio P series 55" E1
    Pamamax 5300EX

Quote Originally Posted by recoveryone128 View Post
    I have had that rack since 2000 when I had my old Mitsubishi big box Wide screen TV (love that TV).
    I had the Mitsubishi WS-55711 myself. It was a great display for its time but things have gotten so much better since then.