Mile 22 (Blu-ray) review

Name:  mile22.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  25.2 KB

Plot
    In a visceral modern thriller from the director of Lone Survivor, Mark Wahlberg plays James Silva, an operative of the CIA’s most highly-prized and little-known unit. Aided by a top-secret tactical command team, Silva must transport an asset (Uwais) who has vital information to an airfield for extraction before the enemy closes in. “Loaded with edge-of-your-seat action” (Steve Weintraub, Collider), Mile 22 is the perfect film for fans of fast-paced combat cinema.

My Thoughts
    The critics weren’t kind to this movie during its theatrical run but given that it was starring Mark Wahlberg and directed by Peter Berg, I felt it would be something that I would enjoy despite the poor reviews. Wow, I couldn’t have been more wrong. In fact, I think a lot of the reviews were too kind to this stinker! Wahlberg’s character is completely unlikable to any degree and the premise to the story is just too far-fetched. Other than the first 10 minutes of the film, there’s no tension and by the 50% point of the movie you’ll find yourself wishing for a nuclear bomb to go off and wipe out the entire team in order to just end it all. 90 minutes never felt so long!

Video 4.5/5 (AVC)

Audio 4.5/5 (DTS-HD MA 7.1)

Special Features:

• Overwatch
    • Introducing Iko
    • Iko Fight
    • Bad Ass Women
    • BTS Stunts
    • Modern Combat
    • Colombia
    • Trailers
    • Blu-ray + DVD + UV Digital Copy

Conclusion
    This is the first Berg/Wahlberg project I haven’t liked and given the pair’s track record, I’m surprised at how bad this one truly was. Normally I’d say to wait for it to show up on cable to view, but in this case I’m going to advise you to just skip it. Yes, it’s that bad.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

laugh Dave. it still amazes me the performances Wahlberg pulled off in Boogie Nights, Lone Survivor and The Departed. The rest are absolute train wrecks. If i never see another rubber band snap on a wrist in my lifetime, it will still be too many.

Go and see "Instant Family," he's awesome in that movie as well.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine