GoldenEar Updates Triton One (Triton One.R Now Shipping)

Sandy Gross and the gang at GoldenEar have been in the press a good bit and it's not just me Fanboying them.

Most recently, the company has just announced an update to their Triton One speaker. Before the release of the new Triton Reference, the One was their flagship tower speaker. Over the past year or so they have updated the Triton Two and Threes and now it's time for the One.

Name:  GE One.R.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  22.2 KB

The Triton One.R takes the original design and upgrades it from the inside out. Visually, the One.R looks more like the Reference by replacing the black sock covering the speaker with the same high-gloss piano-black lacquer finish. Internally, the structural bracing has been beefed up, Dacron acoustic dampening material added, and tweaks to the crossover and DSP.

All these (and more that I didn't mention) bring the performance of the One.R more in line with that of the Reference.

Here are the Specs:

Speaker Dimensions:

8" (20.3 cm) W x 165⁄8" (42.3 cm) D x 54" (137.2 cm) H (is with base installed, no spikes)
    Base: 123⁄8" (31.4 cm) W x 1913⁄16" (50.3 cm) D | Weight: 80 lbs (36.3 kg)
    Frequency Response: 13 Hz - 35 kHz | Efficiency: 92 dB | Nominal Impedance: Compatible with 8 ohms

Driver Complement:

Three 5" x 9" long-throw subwoofers coupled to
    Four 7" x 10" quadratic planar infrasonic radiators
    Two 5 1⁄4" high-definition cast-basket mid/bass drivers
    One High-Gauss Neodymium Reference High-Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) Tweeter
    Rec. Amplification:

20 - 650 watt/channel
    Built-In Subwoofer Power Amplifier:

1600-Watt SuperSub Subwoofer digital/DSP amplifier
    Power Requirements/Consumption:

120 Volt at 50 or 60 Hz / 1600 Watts | 240 Volt at 50 or 60 Hz / 1600 Watts (Approved for NA (TUV) and the CE market.)

For more information and to read the press release click here to read it on HomeTheaterReview.com

Tracy, did you get the R model? A salesman at my local Listen Up said he could not hear any difference between the 2 and the 2+ so I'm not going to upgrade.
    JR

Quote Originally Posted by jerrich View Post
    Tracy, did you get the R model? A salesman at my local Listen Up said he could not hear any difference between the 2 and the 2+ so I'm not going to upgrade.
    JR
    I went with the original Triton One. I can't remember what the differences between the 2 and 2+ are.

If you were looking to make another GoldenEar purchase, look at the SuperCenter XXL. It is easily the best center channel that I have ever owned or heard.

Would love to own one but sadly too large for my installation.
    JR
    Last edited by jerrich; Yesterday at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrich View Post
    Would love to own one but sadly too large for my installation.
    JR
    At 35" wide and 11" deep, it won't fit just anywhere. Luckily I have plenty of room and just happen to have an unused pair of speaker stands.

They aren't the best looking things but they are the right height and of course, I already had them.

Name:  center stands.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  18.3 KB