Westworld Season Two: The Door (UHD Blu-ray) review

Name:  westworld.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  18.8 KB

Plot
    In Season Two, viewers are welcomed back to Westworld, where the puppet show is over and the newly liberated “hosts” are coming for humankind. Dolores (Evan Rachel Wood) takes charge, Maeve (Thandie Newton) is on a mission and the Man in Black (Ed Harris) is back. Chaos takes control in this dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness, the birth of a new form of life and the evolution of sin.

The second season of Westworld has earned 21 Emmy® Nominations*including: Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series (Ed Harris and Jeffrey Wright), Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series (Evan Rachel Wood), Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series (Thandie Newton) and Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series (Jimmi Simpson).

My Thoughts
    It took me a few episodes in season one to get into this show so when I watched the first episode and didn’t like it that much, I just thought it would be like the first season all over again. I couldn’t have been more wrong. Ugh, this was a chore to get through. In fact, the first four episodes were barely watchable due to the confusing narrative that doesn’t really come into focus until the final two episodes. The acting is excellent though and the sets and costumes are top-notch, although there’s way too much gore and violence.

Video 10/10 (MVC)

Audio 10/10 (Dolby Atmos)

Special Features:

• Bring Yourself Back Online
    • The Buzz: On the Red Carpet
    • Return to Westworld
    • Creating Westworld’s Reality
    • The Truth Behind Delos
    • These Violent Delights Have Violent Ends
    • Blu-ray + Digital Copy

Conclusion
    Given the way the first season ended, I had very high expectations for season two. Unfortunately, they weren’t even close to being met and I doubt I’ll bother with the next season at all. After 580 minutes, I felt cheated by the bizarre plot twists and in the end I don’t think it had any point at all. Sure, it looks and sounds great on UHD, but watching a TV show shouldn’t be this hard to do.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Season two is definitely a lot more chaotic in the storytelling that's for sure. I remember watching it and being very confused early in the season and then like you said after a few episodes or so things start connecting and it's like "oh! oh! ohhhhhhh now it makes sense".
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Apple TV 4K

Unfortunately, once that point hit, I had lost my interest!
    David Vaughn

Yeah I really hope Season 3 is paced better. I like the overall world that they created, but I did wonder myself if I should just bail on it the way the storytelling was going. Once it started clicking I stuck with it to see how it turned out, but not sure if I can do that again. I have too much other stuff to watch/do/etc. to keep watching something that goes south so bad.
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Apple TV 4K

That's exactly the way I feel about it too.
    David Vaughn