We, The Marines (UHD Blu-ray) review

Name:  marine.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  32.3 KB

Plot
    We, The Marines honors something more than dedication and service; the film offers an unforgettable glimpse into the first-hand experiences of America’s always faithful USMC and what it takes to become the men and women who honor and defend our country. 

A MacGillivray Freeman film produced in association with the Marine Corps Heritage Foundation and presented by The Boeing Company, We, The Marines is directed by acclaimed filmmaker Greg MacGillivray. Originally produced for permanent exhibition in the Giant-Screen Medal of Honor Theater at the National Museum of the Marine Corps, this striking film will now be available in living rooms across the country.

Narrated by Academy Award®-winning actor and former Marine Gene Hackman, the film takes viewers on an action-packed adventure into the unparalleled experience of becoming and serving as a member of the U.S. Marine Corps.

My Thoughts
    This is Shout! Factory’s first foray into the new HDR10+ technology, although my projector doesn’t support it so I can’t comment on how well it works. What I can say is that the video quality on this release is amazingly perfect. Every detail is there to see and the depth in the image is very 3D-like.

As a documentary, it’s informative and gives you a glimpse of what it’s like to be a Marine and the hell they must endure to pass their boot camp. From there it shows how they are trained to assault beaches, storm hostile towns, and provide humanitarian relief around the globe. I have nothing but the upmost respect for anyone who is able to complete the training.

Video 10/10 (MVC)

Audio 9.5/10 (Dolby Atmos)

Special Features:

• We, The Marines Addendum with behind-the-scenes interviews and footage
    • Trailers
    • Blu-ray + Digital Copy

Conclusion
    At only 37 minutes, this one flies by pretty fast but does give you enough to make it worth watching. The A/V quality is off the charts too, which certainly helps. If the subject matter sounds interesting to you, definitely give this one a look. Semper Fi.
    Last edited by David Vaughn; 12-17-2018 at 10:05 AM.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

By the way, its not basic training for Marines, its Boot Camp! Amazon only has the DVD version
    Last edited by recoveryone128; 12-16-2018 at 07:48 PM.
    Familyroom HT;
    AVR Pioneer Elite SC Lx502
    Blu ray Pioneer Elite 85FD
    Music Pioneer Elite N-50/Logictech Touch
    Display Vizio P series 55" E1
    Pamamax 5300EX

Quote Originally Posted by recoveryone128 View Post
    By the way, its not basic training for Marines, its Boot Camp! Amazon only has the DVD version

Noted and edited. Are you a Marine?
    David Vaughn

Yes, 84-93
    Familyroom HT;
    AVR Pioneer Elite SC Lx502
    Blu ray Pioneer Elite 85FD
    Music Pioneer Elite N-50/Logictech Touch
    Display Vizio P series 55" E1
    Pamamax 5300EX

Thank you for your service to our country. If you're ever in Northern California, I'll buy you a beer (or two)
    David Vaughn