Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Eberhart View Post
    They had 3 movies to do that. 7+ hours. Not having enough time to flesh things out was not the issue. Awful writing was.
    Well, yes, but I was looking at it from the perspective of a number of reviews I read at the time talking about his fall feeling really rushed in it.
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Apple TV 4K

Yup. Aquaman is as long as 2001 A Space Odyssey. WHYYYYYY? It's a deterrent to me. By contrast, so was Infinity War, but felt like far less, and left me wanting more. Wolf of Wall Street is 3hrs and feels like 90m. So, I guess the quality of the film affects the perceived running time. Who'd have thought?
    Couldn't agree more. The Godfather never seems long...there's enough meat on the bone to keep it going.

They had 3 movies to do that. 7+ hours. Not having enough time to flesh things out was not the issue. Awful writing was.
    Exactly...horrible writing and sub-par editing.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by cpaluda View Post
    Well, yes, but I was looking at it from the perspective of a number of reviews I read at the time talking about his fall feeling really rushed in it.
    I suppose that was true, but given that all Lucas could come up with is the bad guy saying:

"I think your wife might die in childbirth, go kill everybody for me and I'll see what I can do about it."
    *Anakin kills everybody*
    "Eh, turns out I can't do anything. My bad, here's your robot suit."

I shudder to think what we would have gotten if he expanded on that nonsense.
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.

Venom is the first 4k movie we have scheduled for my new, yet to come, 4k projector. We didn’t see it in the theatres, saving it for the big event. We just didn’t thonk it would take this long
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Soon Barry, very soon
    David Vaughn

I always believe you David!
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Quote Originally Posted by David Vaughn View Post
    Attachment 6498

Plot
    VENOM tells the evolution story of Marvel’s most enigmatic, complex and badass character Venom! Eddie Brock (Tom Hardy) is a broken man after he loses everything including his job and fiancee. Just when his life is at its lowest, he becomes host to an alien symbiote which results in extraordinary superpowers - transforming him into Venom. Will these powers be enough for this new lethal protector to defeat great evil forces, especially against the far stronger and more weaponized symbiote rival, Riot?

My Thoughts
    My daughter got to see a private screening of this film on the Sony lot before its theatrical release and said that the movie was better than she thought it would be, and I have to agree with her assessment. The plot is rather thin and the main rival, Riot, is barely on the screen at any point in the movie except for the conclusion. What I found most entertaining was the interplay between Venom and Eddie, which provided a lot of LOL moments. Fortunately, the runtime of the movie is a rather short 90 or so minutes, but there are a couple of Easter eggs during the overtly long credits and a five-minute teaser for the new Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse movie.

Video 9.5/10 (MVC)

Audio 9.5/10 (Dolby Atmos)

Special Features (Housed on Blu-ray Disc):

• Venom Mode
    • Deleted & Extended Scenes
    • From Sybiote to Screen
    • The Lethal Protector in Action
    • Venom Vision
    • Designing Venom
    • Symbiote Secrets
    • 8 Select Scenes Pre-Vis sequenc
    • “Venom” by Eminmem - Music Video
    • “Sunflowoer” by Post Malone, Swae Lee (From Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)
    • Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sneak Peek
    • Blu-ray + Digital Copy

Conclusion
    Coming in with low expectations probably helped me enjoy this more than I maybe should have. Some of the action sequenced dragged a bit, which were probably needed to make up for the pedestrian screenplay, but the A/V quality alone is worth at least one viewing. The first time you hear Venom speak up, it sounds like he’s in your own head because of the use of the Atmos speakers. Recommended for comic book fans.
    The movie starts off slow, even the inner dialog but it gets good. I've watched this flick 3 times already and stil find myslf laughing. I too came in with low expectations but it really is an entertaining flick to watch.
    Main/2nd/3rd System
    AVR Yamaha RX-V1800/RX-V1900/RX-V1500
    Turntable ProJect Xpression III with Ortofon Red
    Cassette Deck Yamaha KX-800U/
    KX-800U/K720
    BluRay Yamaha BD-S681/Sony UBP-X800
    Media Player Iomega + 1TB internal drive/WD TV Live Plus + 3TB USB drive
    Display Samsung UN65KU6491 65"/UN55MU7000 55"
    Speakers Front:PSB Image T-45/400/Alphas,Center:PSB Image 8C/200C,Surrounds:PSB Image 1B/RBH A600
    Subwoofer Rythmic LV12-R/PSB Subsonic 6/5

Quote Originally Posted by 3dbinCanada View Post
    The movie starts off slow, even the inner dialog but it gets good. I've watched this flick 3 times already and stil find myslf laughing. I too came in with low expectations but it really is an entertaining flick to watch.

David Vaughn