Screen for a new projector advice for a beginner with no knowledge?

Looking at possibly getting an LG HU80KA as my first every projector. I know even less about screens than I do about projectors. Thanks for any basics in starting a search for a screen.

I am also getting a new 4k projector and upgraded my screen. It was suggusted here, and I got a Stewart screen. The best thing to do,is actually call them and tell them the type of room it is going in and what projector you ate using. They spent a lot of time with me but I got a great screen
    http://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/contact-us
    Last edited by Lefisc; 12-19-2018 at 08:45 PM.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Stewart would certainly be a great choice. There are a lot of good screens out there but Stewart is what I own.

Screen Innovations Zero Edge screens are also very nice and like the name suggests, almost frameless. https://hometheaterreview.com/screen...reen-reviewed/

Advice: Get a tab-tensioned or fixed-frame screen.

The ones that just unroll without support will develop waves and creases, etc. And even out of the box have some of that already-

SOURCE: Guy who cheaped out when he bought a screen
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Eberhart View Post
    Advice: Get a tab-tensioned or fixed-frame screen.

The ones that just unroll without support will develop waves and creases, etc. And even out of the box have some of that already-

SOURCE: Guy who cheaped out when he bought a screen
    Yep, I agree. My first screen was a roll-up screen but it wasn't one of the better tab-tensioned ones. Despite me trying to be very careful when letting it up it creased and of course, I didn't know until you let it back down.

My personal choice would be a good quality fixed screen if it's possible for your room. Otherwise, Brandon's suggestion is the way to go.

https://www.amazon.com/STR-169120-Si...%2Bscreen&th=1

Maybe something like this?

I'll have to look at Stewart.

Oh my! Stewart would delay me another two years!

Quote Originally Posted by Porknz View Post
    Oh my! Stewart would delay me another two years!
    Yes, they are rather pricey. That's the main reason that I'm still using one of their older model fixed screens.

I still say get the projector first and experiment a bit with image size and projector placement. As for the one you linked to, I haven't heard of that company. It's not that it's a bad screen, I just don't know anything about it.