Cliffhanger (UHD Blu-ray) review

Name:  cliffhanger.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  32.0 KB

Plot
    For Rocky Mountain Rescue, the missing is almost routine: locate five climbers. With the woman he loves and his best friend, Gabe Walker braves icy peaks only to discover that the distress call is really a trap set by merciless international terrorist Eric Qualen. Against explosive firepower, bitter cold and dizzying heights, Walker must outwit Qualen in a deadly game of hide-and-seek.

My thoughts:
    This is one of those check your brain at the door movies that is too much fun not to enjoy. Stallone is tailor made for the part of the hero and John Lithgow is an awesome villain. Granted, the dialog is a tad cheesy and the acting isn’t Oscar-worthy, but that’s OK given the subject matter. The stunts are pretty damn impressive and if you get vertigo from heights, you’ll find yourself a bit dizzy on a few occasions!

Video 9/10 (MVC)

Audio 10/10 (Dolby Atmos)

Special Features:

• Commentary
    • Technical crew Commentary
    • A Personal Introduction from Director Renny Harlin
    • Deleted Scenes
    • Stallone on the Edge: The Making of Cliffhanger
    • Special Effects Featurettes
    • Storyboard Comparisons
    • Blu-ray + Digital Copy

Conclusion

This is vintage Stallone at his best. Sure, he’s known for all of the Rocky and Rambo films, but this is one of his lesser-known roles that suits him perfectly. If you haven’t seen it before, be sure to check it out. If you have, the UHD is definitely worth owning if you like the film—it’s never looked or sounded better. Recommended for fans.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

I think there have been only 3 Stallone movies that I liked. Rocky, Creed and thos one. It is a lot of fun.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

WOW, even after watching the trailer I'm struggling to remember this one. I remember the title but maybe I didn't see it.

Was this originally released early 90's?

David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine