Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Monoprice Announces New HT Processor HTP-1

Monoprice has really spread their home theater wings over the past few years. The company that used to be all about inexpensive cables has branched out into amplifiers, subwoofers, speakers, and now.......a 16-channel home theater processor.

Name:  Monoprive HTP-1.JPG
Views: 248
Size:  24.6 KB

The new Monoprice HTP-1 looks to be an incredibly full-featured home theater processor for those who already have outboard amplification. It supports both Dolby Atmos and DTS:X with up to 16 channels of audio processing which means that it can process any home theater audio codec that I can think of.

Additionally, the HTP-1 features Dirac Live room correction software, bass management for up to five subwoofers, and HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.2, which means it ready to roll with HDR10 and HDR10+, Dolby Vision and Monoprice says that the HDMI is upgradable to HDMI 2.1 in the future.

Music fans will love the connectivity; Toslink x3, Coaxial x3, AES/EBU, USB Audio (24bit/192khz), 2 Stereo Pairs RCA and it acts as a Roon endpoint. It also ships with a Google Chromecast dongle for basic Ethernet Audio like Spotify, and others and has Bluetooth.

Geez, is there anything that this thing can't do?

For more information visit the product link: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_...9800e10a24060c

The Monoprice HTP-1 is due out June 29, 2019, for $3999.99.

I found a nice photo of the rear panel. How many other products have 7 HDMI inputs, 2 HDMI outputs, and 16 XLR audio output channels? I know of none.

Name:  Monoprive HTP-1 back.JPG
Views: 169
Size:  35.3 KB

Looks like this may be another ATI-made product. Here's a rear panel photo of a processor that they had at a tradeshow about a year ago. I'm not sure if it ever went to market.

Name:  ATI Processor.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  66.6 KB

A front panel shot of the ATI processor. It looks very similar and I know that ATI has made many of Monoprice's new amps.

Name:  ATI Front.JPG
Views: 171
Size:  65.8 KB

One of these days I'll have room and budget for separates like that. How does Dirac compare to Audyssey? I never had access to room correction before I had an AVR with Audyssey MultiEQ and now MultiEQ XT32 so I have no frame of reference vs the old way of using a DVE or Avia disc and a meter. I know Yamaha has YPAO or something like that but it sounds like Audyssey is more configurable or has more features. I've heard of Dirac but never looked at it.
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Apple TV 4K

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpaluda View Post
    How does Dirac compare to Audyssey?......I've heard of Dirac but never looked at it.
    I'm in the same boat. I have owned several AVRs and a HT Preamp with Audyssey. I've had mixed results with it, a bit of a love/hate relationship. My latest preamp, Anthem, uses their ARC (Anthem Room Correction) software. I like it much better.

I think the newer Lexicon, NAD, Arcam, and maybe other units use Dirac.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    The hype on Dirac is pretty intense. A lot of people say it's better than Audyssey.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

I don't know if I'd buy a pre/pro from Monoprice. Look at all of the problems Emotiva has with their pre/pros with delays, faulty firmware updates, etc. I'd stick with the major companies.
    David Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by David Vaughn View Post
    I don't know if I'd buy a pre/pro from Monoprice. Look at all of the problems Emotiva has with their pre/pros with delays, faulty firmware updates, etc. I'd stick with the major companies.
    I'm starting to think the Monoprice is basically a rebadge of the ATI, who is a reputable company in the amp world but they are also partnered with Datasat, who is big in the commercial sound processing world.

From my understanding, at least early on, Emotiva was writing their own software.

I would want to see a pro review before buying, but the Monoprice processor (if I'm right about being an ATI product) should have a solid R&D history.

ATI is probably making it given the faceplate, but I would still worry about firmware updates etc. HDMI is a total bitch to deal with and has sunk many companies who have tried!
    David Vaughn