1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Spider-Man: Far From Home

July 5
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

Poor guy can't just take a relaxing vacation and enjoy time with his girl without Nick Fury butting in.

Looks good as usual and a good candidate for my Blu-ray collection.

The ending of that trailer is LOL funny.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Isn’t he and Nick Fury dead?
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
    Isn’t he and Nick Fury dead?

Maybe Marvell adopted the Multi-verse and hasn't told anyone yet?
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

I remember liking Homecoming in the theatre. I thought it was pretty funny, loved Tom Holland, loved Keaton (of course) and really liked new-on-my-radar Zendaya. My main gripe was the action sequences. Poorly staged, poorly lit, poorly edited. They got the hard parts right (nailing both the Peter Parker and Spidey vibe, getting a brilliant actor for the villain) but whiffed on what should have been fairly easy. I mean, how do you make a Spider-Man action sequence that isn't exciting? They did it, somehow. Even Part 3 of the Raimi trilogy got that right, if most everything else wrong.

Watched it again at home, and with the comedy dulled quite a bit on 2nd viewing, the other issues really stood out. The finale especially was a complete mess. (I also noticed that the big twist that took my breath away in the theatre, and the way it played out, made absolutely no sense upon further inspection.) And Tony Stark should have been in the film far less imo.

And I know they intentionally avoided the swooping, spinning, web-slinging through-the-city stuff to make it feel more grounded, and differentiate it from the Raimi and Webb films, but I missed that aspect. It's a big part of what makes Spider-Man Spider-Man, for me anyway. The Amazing Spider-Man nailed that aspect especially, with the 1st person POV shots/sequences. Made you feel like Spidey himself.

So, eh, I'll wait until video for this one. And coming after a Captain Marvel and Infinity War, I'll be Marvel-ed out by then I imagine.
    Last edited by Brandon Eberhart; 01-25-2019 at 11:22 PM.
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.