Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have a TiVo, which shares what I watch with Neilson ratings service. It's one mans fight against the system Also, it makes me feel better! I still love you Barry because I know you have a good heart (and great taste in home theater equipment!). Is your projector there yet?
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Dave, i have cable and they monitor you there too!
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

You should stop watching ABC too...strength in numbers
    David Vaughn

David, seriously, I haven't been watching much of any network TV, except for when Fox runs Baseball. I am really cynical. Sitcoms are all so silly to me these days and just not funny. The best dramas are on cable and on streaming.

Let me think, I do watch Young Sheldon, NCIS, 60 Minutes, CBS Sunday Morning and maybe a couple of others. I just noticed that they are all CBS, so I am boycotting the other networks! Tomorrow we will have weather near zero degrees!!! And SNOW! So I might watch whatever is on, I aint going out! If it is cold on Sunday I hear there is some sort of football game on and I might catch that.

I just also want to remind everyone that David and I tease each other, something you can only do harmlessly when you respect each other. So I have to get into Last Man Standing, it is on Hulu without commercials.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Barry, we love Young Shelodon. Its consistently funny and very heartwarming. It's probably our favorite show on TVand is better than Big Bang, which is a little long in the tooth.
    David Vaughn

I fell exactly the same way, even about Big Bang. There is such warmth in Young Sheldon and it feels real. I will never forget the episode where the mom gives up on God and young Sheldon, an athiest, restores her faith at the end.
    Last edited by Lefisc; 01-31-2019 at 06:37 PM.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp

Quote Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
    I fell exactly the same way, even about Big Bang. Their is such warmth in Young Sheldon and it feels real. I will never forget the episode where the mom gives up on God and young Sheldon, an athiest, restores her faith at the end.
    I liked that episode as well. I love the brother and sister too...they provide some great one liners. My favorite character is Mema (Annie Potts)...she steals every scene she's in!
    David Vaughn

Got this in on Netflix and watched it over the weekend. The blu-ray happened to actually have the Atmos track on it so that was nice (Netflix should add a UHD shipping service for an extra fee like the blu-ray one ). I'm usually more into movies with more action than drama but I loved reading and learning about NASA and the space program growing up in the 70's/80's so I grabbed it anyway. It was definitely interesting. I had no idea about his family and the problems/etc. that happened to them (not wanting to give anything away for anyone who hasn't seen the movie and isn't familiar with his personal life). I saw some complaints on the AVS Forum bass movies thread that the real low end on the rocket launches was neutered on the disc but I'd never be able to recreate that with my system right now so I guess I don't know what I'm missing having also not seen it in a theater. I thought the few "action" scenes where that kinda stuff kicked in were great.
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Apple TV 4K

Quote Originally Posted by cpaluda View Post
    Got this in on Netflix and watched it over the weekend. The blu-ray happened to actually have the Atmos track on it so that was nice (Netflix should add a UHD shipping service for an extra fee like the blu-ray one ). I'm usually more into movies with more action than drama but I loved reading and learning about NASA and the space program growing up in the 70's/80's so I grabbed it anyway. It was definitely interesting. I had no idea about his family and the problems/etc. that happened to them (not wanting to give anything away for anyone who hasn't seen the movie and isn't familiar with his personal life). I saw some complaints on the AVS Forum bass movies thread that the real low end on the rocket launches was neutered on the disc but I'd never be able to recreate that with my system right now so I guess I don't know what I'm missing having also not seen it in a theater. I thought the few "action" scenes where that kinda stuff kicked in were great.
    David Vaughn