Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Not that I saw, drat.
    JR

Massdrop is taking pre-orders for a Sennheiser/Massdrop version of the Sennheiser HD 650 called the HD 6XX.

It looks to be the same headphones (different color) and reviewers have measured them and said the same. For $200, it might be worth looking at.

I saw those pop up in a Facebook ad the other day. I wasn't sure about the sound profile on a 650 so I didn't look into them farther. Although I haven't even used my Beyer and Schiit DAC/Amp combo since I switch to an actual gaming headset for gaming so not sure I need another pair of headphones cluttering my desk up.
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Apple TV 4K

Quote Originally Posted by cpaluda View Post
    I saw those pop up in a Facebook ad the other day. I wasn't sure about the sound profile on a 650 so I didn't look into them farther. Although I haven't even used my Beyer and Schiit DAC/Amp combo since I switch to an actual gaming headset for gaming so not sure I need another pair of headphones cluttering my desk up.
    The 650s have really great reviews. I'm wondering if the fact that they are open backed will be an issue for me. I use my current headphones, in part, while my wife is watching TV.

As for your Schiit, which model do you have? I have their photo preamp and think it's great especially for the money......and you just gotta' love the company name and how they name their products.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    The 650s have really great reviews. I'm wondering if the fact that they are open backed will be an issue for me. I use my current headphones, in part, while my wife is watching TV.

As for your Schiit, which model do you have? I have their photo preamp and think it's great especially for the money......and you just gotta' love the company name and how they name their products.
    I have the Uber versions of the Magni 2 and Modi 2. They're not much compared to some of the stuff they have but they're a lot better than nothing.
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Apple TV 4K

Update, I went ahead and ordered the Massdrop Sennheiser HD 6xx (aka HD 650). They shipped today so hopefully I will have them by the end of the week.

I have the Uber versions of the Magni 2 and Modi 2. They're not much compared to some of the stuff they have but they're a lot better than nothing.
    I was looking at the Modi 2 and Modi 2 Multibit myself. I wish I had them both and could A/B them.

I know the company offers 15 days to evaluate their products, but I hate sending things back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    Update, I went ahead and ordered the Massdrop Sennheiser HD 6xx (aka HD 650). They shipped today so hopefully I will have them by the end of the week.

Curious to know what you think of them. I'm also thinking of trying them or maybe their version of the HiFi-man 400 series planars.

Curious to know what you think of them. I'm also thinking of trying them or maybe their version of the HiFi-man 400 series planars.
    Will do; I am anxious to get them and plug them in. I figure if they really are the HD 650 (and reviewers have actually measured them and they are identical) and the 650 was the company's flagship cans for many years, if I don't like them, it's my hearing.