SVS Prime Wireless plus SB1000 question.

Hello all,

I recently purchased an SVS Prime wireless speaker system and an SB1000 to go with it for my bedroom PC. Having been used top a full 5.1 HT setup for a long time, I find myself curious about LFE or lack thereof.

My first question: I've read the articles and know that the LFE track is dropped when Dolby Digital is downmixed to 2.0, but am I actually LOSING any audio information? Or is it just playing at a reduced volume?

Second, is there any external decoder that would let me send LFE to the sub, but still function with the speakers? These speakers have no terminals for speaker wire.

Currently I have my Sony UBP-X800 and PC connected to my Sony Bravia 900f via HDMI, with optical out to the SVS Prime Wireless.

I love how the speakers sound..but I've gotten my first SVS sub and I want to get the most out of it!

The Prime Wireless speaker that I saw on the SVS site has a "sub out" on the back. Connect that to your sub and you are set.

As for a decoder, assuming this is still for your PC then look for a 5.1 soundcard.

I have the sub connected already, thanks. I'm running my PC, TV and UHD player with the system.

I'm pretty sure I'm overthinking things at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by MattThom01 View Post
    I have the sub connected already, thanks. I'm running my PC, TV and UHD player with the system.

I'm pretty sure I'm overthinking things at this point.
    Are you using an AV receiver or is everything connected to your TV and you are using it to switch all your sources?

I'm using my TV to switch. I realized that I'm overthinking this, I got this system to avoid having to get a receiver. I played some movies this morning, the sub puts out plenty of bass! Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by MattThom01 View Post
    I'm using my TV to switch. I realized that I'm overthinking this, I got this system to avoid having to get a receiver. I played some movies this morning, the sub puts out plenty of bass! Thanks for the help!
    Sounds like a very simple yet killer setup.

From my understanding, there are two (really three) different ways to use your sub. You can run the LFE from the Prime Wireless speakers and it will only play lower frequencies (wherever you have the crossover point set) or you can run a stereo pair (left and right) of RCA cables from your TV into the sub. This will send full-range audio to the sub and its internal crossover will do its job.

I'm not sure which would work better in your situation, but it might be a fun experiment to try.

Either way, post some photos and let us know how it's working for you.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Sorry for the poor cable management. I'm liking it more and more. The stereo imaging on the speakers is AMAZING.

They may not be visible in the pic, but I also got the SVS isolation feet for the sub. I have not heard a single rattle or buzz from anything. I want good bass, but I also want to be considerate of the neighbors!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice

I'm sure that your neighbors appreciate the isolation feet. As for cables, you should see the back of my rack. It's a mess.