The Girl in the Spider's Web (Blu-ray) review

Name:  spider.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  24.4 KB

Plot
    Claire Foy (“The Crown”) stars in a new Dragon Tattoo story as Lisbeth Salander, the highly-skilled vigilante from the acclaimed Millennium book series. Salander and journalist Mikael Blomkvist find themselves caught in a web of spies, cybercriminals and corrupt government officials, as they race to rescue a dangerous program capable of global destruction held by shadowy figures linked to Lisbeth’s past.
    My Thoughts
    I enjoyed The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in 2011 with Roony Mara starring as Lisbeth and wondered why a sequel never came about. Well, here we are eight years later, and it has finally come. After wasting two hours of my life on the film, I wish they would have just left well enough alone!
    I’ve like pretty much everything I’ve seen Claire Foy star in, and she does her best to salvage what is a poorly written screenplay. The swiss cheese narrative runs off the rails starting in the second act and just gets worse from then on. By the time the conclusion finally comes it feels like you’ve aged 10 years.

Video 4.5/5 (AVC)

Audio 4.5/5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1)

Special Features:

• Audio Commentary
    • Deleted Scenes
    • Four Featurettes
    • DVD + Digital Copy

Conclusion
    The best aspect of this movie is to see Foy’s range as an actress, but even she can’t salvage the poor screenplay and bizarre plot points. I was surprised this didn’t get a 4K release but after spending two hours with it, I don’t think the 4K would have added anything to the experience. Skip it.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

i liked this a bit more than u did Dave.

it could be the Claire factor. I'm pretty sure it is.

it is definitely nowhere near as good as Fincher's GWTDT or the original trilogy. it is also not the hard "R" the other films were either.

a toned down Lisbeth. i do enjoy how smart and clever she is. i think this would do great as a Netflix series.

plenty of action to keep u entertained i thought.

I agree there was a lot of action, but way too much "eye-rolling" action. Surviving the blast in the apartment, the NSA guy showing up at the flat and the electricity still working after said blast, the motorcycle across the frozen lake...I could go on and on
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine