Name:  robinhood.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  40.4 KB

Plot
Returning home from the Crusades, Robin of Loxley (Egerton) finds his country oppressed by the evil Sheriff of Nottingham (Mendelsohn). With the help of Moorish warrior Little John (Foxx), Robin transforms into the heroic outlaw Robin Hood, taking up arms to fight the sheriff and win the heart of his love, Maid Marian (Hewson).

My Thoughts
There have been a lot of Robin Hood movies over the years with varying success, but of all the ones I’ve seen, this is by far the worst. Too many liberties are taken with the original story, the costumes don’t fit the time period, and the characters are much too clean shaven. Throw in modern looking buildings with tiled roofs, implausible stunts, and an ending you can see coming a mile away and you’re ultimately left very disappointed.

Video 10/10 (MVC)

Audio 10/10 (Dolby Atmos)

Special Features:

• “Outlaws and Auteurs: Reshaping Robin Hood” (7-Part Documentary)
  • Outtakes
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Blu-ray + Digital Copy

Conclusion
As bad as I found the story, the AV quality is top notch and may be worth one viewing just to experience the reference Atmos track and nearly perfect video transfer. Sure, the movie is ultimately forgettable, so look for it in the bargain bin.