Name:  Mary.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  27.9 KB

Plot
Explore the turbulent life of the charismatic Mary Stuart (Saoirse Ronan). Queen of France at 16, widowed at 18, Mary defies pressure to remarry and instead returns to her native Scotland to reclaim her rightful throne. By birth, sh also has a rival claim to the throne of Elizabeth I (Margot Robbie), who rules as the Queen of England. Determined to rule as much more than a figurehead, Mary asserts her claim to the English throne, threatening Elizabeth’s sovereignty. Rivals in power and love, the two Queens make very difficult choices about marriage and children. Betrayal, rebellion and conspiracies within each court imperil both Queens—driving them apart, as each woman experiences the bitter cost of power.

My Thoughts
Writing the synopsis above makes this movie sound much more fascinating and interesting than it turned out to be by a long way. First, it drags as if carrying a thousand-pound anchor. Second, the character development is piss-poor. Third, it’s boring as hell and the creative liberties taken by the writer and director veer too far from history. Watching it with my wife, who has read multiple books on both characters made things even worse as she kept saying “WTH…that didn’t happen like that!” Needless to say, it was a very long two hours. Oh yeah, the missus didn’t like it either!

Video 9/10 (MVC)

Audio 9/10 (Dolby Atmos)

Special Features:

• An Epic confrontation
  • Something About Marys
  • Tudor Feminism
  • Feature Commentary
  • Blu-ray + Digital Copy

Conclusion
I didn’t solicit this title and it showed up in the mail unannounced. If I didn’t know any better, my wife requested it for me and deleted all of the emails since she loves this period of history. If so, she got her just reward for sneaking behind my back because it’s a stinker, although it did look great on UHD Blu-ray.