Instant Family (Blu-ray) review

Name:  instant Family.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  35.0 KB

Plot
    When Pete (Mark Wahlberg) and Ellie (Rose Byrne) choose to start a family, they stumble headfirst into the world of foster care adoption. After they learn their perfect foster child comes with two other siblings, Pete and Ellie find themselves speeding from zero to three kids overnight and must hilariously learn the ropes of instant parenthood if they hope to become a real family. Inspired by a true story, INSTANT FAMILY also stars Isabela Moner, Margo Martindale, Julie Hagerty, and Octavia Spencer.

My Thoughts
    This is one of the few movies I went to last year in the theaters and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It will tug at your heart when you see the turmoil that the kids must go through to be in Foster Care, and you can’t help but root for them to find happiness, despite their sometimes-challenging behavior. The film is written and directed by Sean Anders, and the story is based on his real-life family experience of adopting kids and provided the inspiration for the film. I think that’s one of the reasons I enjoyed it to much as well, there’s a certain authenticity to the screenplay that’s lacking in so many movies these days.

The Blu-ray presentation is about what you’d expect from this genre. The dialog is always intelligible, and the surround mix isn’t overly aggressive.

Video 4/5 (AVC)

Audio 4/5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1)

Special Features:

• Deleted & Extended Scenes
    • Gag Reel
    • Commentary
    • Mr. and Mrs. Fix-It
    • Kid Power
    • I Need Some Support
    • Order in the Court
    • The Families Behind the Fair
    • Crew Inspiration
    • The Anders Family
    • Isabela Moner “I’ll Stay” Music Video
    • On Set Proposal
    • DVD + Digital Copy

Conclusion
    This is a film that could have gone off the rails if Anders decided to break from the realism of his real-life story and thankfully, he kept it on track. It will make you laugh a lot but be prepared to shed a tear too when you see the turmoil the kids must endure to find their place in the world. Highly recommended.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Thanks for the review. From the trailers, I thought this would be a skip movie or very low rental. lol. Will check it out after reading the review.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

Let me know what you think.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine