Thread: VCR news

VCR news

Feel good story about VCRs..

Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

What a cool story. We need more news like this.

Yah, actually pretty touching. I bought my mom a used VCR on Amazon awhile back and she had a similar reaction. She has literally decades of tapes, stuff you can't get on DVD, and that's the only way to watch them.

My cousin did the same thing for his Dad last Christmas. Immediately after I set it up for him he got out his daughter's wedding video from 20 years ago and was lost in the memories it captured. He probably shot 1000 hours of family videos over the years, no exaggeration, and on VHS-C no less. They all still work. His wife is gone, his other son is gone, one daughter is estranged. But now he can travel back in time, to when everyone was together and happy and healthy, and life was just right for him.
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.

It is really amazing what impact one type of technological wonder (VCR) has on folks. Can't say the same thing about iphone's, etc. lol.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

Our wedding video was originally shot on VHS-C. I bought a VHS-C/VHS adapter. I was one of the "cool kids".

I captured that video and our daughter's sonogram on my computer and transferred them to DVD a few years ago and gave them to my wife for our anniversary. Yeah, she cried.