Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have seen it and I have lived it.

Company A buys Company B.

The folks who are in Company B are almost always let go.

Rarely does one survive at Company B unless they have some specialized skill that nobody has at Company A so they have some job security for the time being.

But for the rest, get your resume ready and hit the road looking for a new job.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

and something interesting.

Simpsons predicted this back in 1998.

from qz,
    In a 1998 episode of the series, “When You Dish Upon A Star,” The Simpsons joked that 20th Century Fox, the company’s movie studio, had fallen under the umbrella of Disney. A scene takes place at the Fox studio lot, where a sign can be seen that reveals the company is now “A Division of Walt Disney Co.”

Name:  disney.JPG
Views: 20
Size:  45.1 KB
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

I have a family member who does work with Disney and there are a lot of people nervous about this merger.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

AP reports 4-5,000 people will be laid off anditbstarted today. And a small movie division, Fox 2000, makers of Hidden Figures, was closed down.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

When will Disney and AT&T be considered a monopoly and the feds step in? Just wondering what the criteria is as it seems a good bit like "Ma Bell" back at the height of their time of expansion.

Yes, there are other studios and "telephone" companies but none that are quite the size of Disney and AT&T.

I'm not sure how this merger got approved. I think a lot of palms were greased!
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine